Introduction of Dawn Lorie Norman
Dawn Lorie Norman has spent her career in the entertainment industry. As a professional actor, spokesperson, make-up artist, writer and entrepreneur, she has a unique perspective on inspiring esteem growth and healthy living.
1. She is the author of Meet Me on the Playground, A Journey in Healing Sibling Loss—A companion guide to living your best life after lossreveals Dawn’s journey of hope and healing after the death of her thirty-five-year-old brother and offers opportunities for others to heal from their own significant losses:
• And, creator of MeetMeonthePlayground.com, where surviving siblings can share their journey and celebrate their lost sibling.
• We all encounter losses that require us to grieve. Usually, if we find ourselves struggling or if our grief becomes complicated, it is relatively easy to find resources to turn to for help. The exception is sibling loss. Though most of us have siblings, resources for survivors of sibling loss are surprisingly hard to come by, with emphasis instead placed on surviving parents, spouses, or children.
• The almost complete lack of resources available to aid Dawn in working through the grief that overwhelmed her after the death of her beloved brother from Hodgkin’s lymphoma compelled her to write this poignant new book.
• In this sensitive and insightful journey, Dawn offers memories of the playground and reflections on her journey in sibling loss that can guide others who find themselves in profound grief over the loss of a sibling. She notes that this journey is about love, acceptance, and forgiveness of self, others, and circumstances. It’s also about discovering how to live with passion and to celebrate life after loss – something that seems virtually impossible in the midst of grief, despair, and loneliness.
• Her healing journey to peace with death after surviving the loss of four grandparents, her mother, her father-in-law, her sister-in-law, and her beloved brother allows her to live after loss with passion and celebration of her loved ones.
2. In addition, Dawn is the president of Dawn Lorie, Inc, --offering fundraising products for women and girl’s organizations while supporting esteem growth and success in young women and girls.
3. Most importantly, Dawn is devoted to her husband Brian and family:
• She makes her home in Mesa, Arizona
• She is a dedicated aunt, with nieces and nephews ranging from five years old and into their thirties.
She is here [this morning/this afternoon/this evening] to speak to us on the topic of [speech title]. Please join me in welcoming Dawn Lorie Norman.